Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Facebook, hallways and math geeks


Hello My name is Sarah and I am addict to Facebook.
My addiction started as a way to monitor my teenager and her friends a few years ago and then I found "friends"! Now, some of these friends are people that I have not seen since high school, I literally had to go find the yearbook to place the name that I recognized with a profile picture. When I found someone to ask to be their friend or accept them as a friend I was like a kid in a candy shop, we won't use the word stalker-ish but I would say close to it. I really was surprised at first who became my "friend" from high school. Some of these people barely had time to say excuse me when they bumped me in the hallway changing classes. Now we are friends and they are commenting on my status and leaving me little notes on my wall. I was like... Whatever your just getting your friend count up! Then I had a revelation one day (as my teenager was acting like a teenager) that we are not in high school anymore and we are adults! We have mortgages, spouses, careers and kids. Facebook is a way to K.I.T. like we wrote in the back of yearbooks at the end of the school year. Maybe reconnecting with people from our past is a way to keep our youth, to reminisce on the good ole days. Lets face it, being an adult stinks sometimes and it really was so much easier back then. (On a side note, A public apology to my parents, I did not know it all!) I say accept the people from your past for who they are today and not what they were in high school. I say go and ask the homecoming queen, the math geek, or the person that you wanted to get to know but never did to be your friend, you never know they just might need someone to LOL with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment